About this event:
Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp; Gold Coast; 5 July
The content follows Version2.0 which is an update to Version 1.0
• Short or long term use of foot orthotics?
• Deconstruction all the social media crap on foot orthotics and running form
• Why do overuse injuries occur?
• SAID – Specific adaptation to imposed demand
• Lower the force or increase the ability of the tissue to take the force?
• How to increase the ability of tissues to take the force
• How to spot cherry picking, confirmations bias and the usual trope of argumentative fallacies
• Toning Shoes
• Minimalism vs Maximalism
• What’s more important: Proximal or distal control of the lower limb?
• Tabulation of foot orthotic design features for prescription variables
• When to run which way; deciding which running ‘form’ is better for which individual
• Making clinical decisions in the context of all the online and media driven rhetoric and propaganda
• Running shoes, foot orthotics and their effect on muscle strength
• Advising runners and facilitating the transition to different running forms
• Increased understanding of the role of fascia in foot biomechanics
• Trends vs Fads; the gullibility of the athletic market
• The running shoes and knee osteoarthritis debacle
• The ideaomotor scam
• What role do impact forces really play in injury?
• “I read on a blog orthotics are evil and should be banned”
• Which injuries are more common in which running form or technique?
• Why do people believe in weird things?
• What to do in the absence of evidence
• Solving the problem of which running shoe prescription when
Cost: The cost is AUD$220
Please contact us if you require and invoice for your organization.
Venue will be announced when there is a better indication of numbers; it is most likely to be at an airport hotel or downtown.
To register, click on the PayPal link below:
We will send you a confirmation with details after that.